I really hope this finds you and yours all very well indeed?
I have a few images as an update on how things are progressing with the large lion piece. So, starting with where I left off the last one, below is the finished (at least in the ink work) tree that acts as the backdrop for the main lion. Well, I say “main” lion, but I feel the narrative is all around the female and juveniles, but compositionally, it’s mainly about the male.
The next image is another one of me at work, that hopefully shows the scale of the whole work, although I am actually quite a bit further along now, as you’ll see in the next image.
This is where I talk a bit about mistakes/issues.
Firstly, I’m not sure I’ve got the head of the lioness (in the image below) quite right. I’m not panicked at this point though, as I need to live with her for a while to see what, if anything, needs to change. I’m also not entirely sure about the cob in the background or the grass in the foreground.
I need to work out what the best contrast between background, middle-ground and foreground is to create the most atmosphere and depth.
Also, if I didn’t know this before now, grass is a complete nightmare! It’s so difficult. This is now not only the largest piece I’ve done, but the biggest challenge I think I’ve ever faced artistically. Which is great, it is the only way I can grow as an artist after all.
Do let me know your thoughts on any of the mistakes or work so far, I always love a bit of feedback.
I’ve kept it short this time as I really did ramble on a bit last time 🙂
Thanks again and all the best,